Blackberry Lime Pie with Pinot Noir Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon Pinot Noir Sea Salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (only collect zest from the outermost layer, the white portion of the peel is bitter)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can, 14 oz, sweetened condensed milk
- Fresh blackberries
Pinot Noir Sea Salt
For the pie crust:
For the pie filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch pie dish or a shallow 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon Pinot Noir Sea Salt and butter in a small bowl. Press down the mixture onto the pie dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Place washed fresh blackberries into a strainer with a bowl underneath. Using a spatula, fork, or your fingers, mash the blackberries to release their juices. Discard the pulp.
- Mix the blackberry juice, lime juice, lime zest and egg yolks in a medium bowl for 1 minute on high speed. Add the condensed milk and mix on high speed for about 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into the crust and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven, allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Garnish with blackberry slices and Pinot Noir Sea Salt and serve. Enjoy!