Full-Time Shop & Part-Time Shop Keepers - New York, NY
We're Hiring: Full-Time Shop Keeper - New York, NY
Our ideal candidate will have fierce people skills, a good aesthetic eye, a relentless work ethic, and a sound sense of purpose and place in the New York community. This is a lifestyle position for someone who lives for forging meaningful relationships with the community, and sees artisan food products as a means to get there. Our customers range from neighborhood locals to professional chefs to culinary tourists from around the world. We take enormous pride in the care and attention we give them -- and we need you to do the same. The desire to stay with us long term is a major plus.
This is a lifestyle opportunity for the right person. Think honestly about yourself. Do you love learning and sharing across all areas of a company, from co-workers to customers to partners to artisans? Do you find yourself talking to strangers at the grocery or post office, out of sheer curiosity? Do you wake up every day excited to do good work? Do you crave connection? Do you find pride and purposefulness in your daily life? Are you curious about people? Are you assertive but also humble? Are you creative minded but rooted in practicality? If you answered yes to all of the above, we have a place for you.
We are looking for full-time and part-time Shop Keepers that will work in our new New York City shop location. We are open to considering candidates with varying levels of retail experience. As The Meadow's Shop Keeper, you will drive daily business objectives and introduce new products to customers in harmony with the General Manager and team.
Our perfect candidate has the following attributes:
● A full-fledged passion for all things food: eating, drinking, cooking, tasting
● An obsession with customer satisfaction -- the timid or standoffish need not apply
● An uncanny ability to make people laugh
● An unmatched aesthetic prowess -- you'll keep our shop the way you keep your house
● Superior work ethic and can-do attitude
● Superb verbal communication skills
● Ability to work independently for hours on end
About Us: We have been in business since 2006, opening our first little retail shop on N. Mississippi Ave. In 2010 we opened a second shop in New York City. In 2013 we opened a third shop, and the next year we started Bitterman Salt Co. and began sharing the story of craft salt nationwide.
● Make everyone's day brighter
● Be known for caring about people
● Join expertise with passion
● Take care of each other
● Equate company profitability with cultural impact
● 401k with matching employer contributions
● 40 hours of PTO (after 1 year), increasing every year to a maximum of 120 hours
● Health and vision insurance (after 30 days)
● Jar of craft salt every payday so you can cook and eat like a Sultan of Salt
● An artisan chocolate bar of choice every payday
● "House hour" cocktail after shifts to develop your mixological skills
● Yearly staff retreats - we've been to Bend, OR, Guatemala and more recently, Mexico City!
If you made it this far and are hungry to learn more, we'd love to hear from you. Please include answers to these four questions along with your cover letter and resume.
1. What is your favorite retail shop in Portland, and why?
2. Why should we care about where our food comes from?
3. What qualities do you admire in others and why? What qualities do you detest in others and why?
4. Describe to us in excruciating detail the last really great meal you had.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume and cover letter responding to the questions above to kaitlin @ themeadow . com