Thai Iced Drinking Chocolate
Mark Bitterman's recipe for a delicious Thai iced drinking chocolate. His recipe is featured at Portland, Oregon's Mississippi Street Fair.
- 1 cup water
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup brewed thai tea
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 6 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp star anise powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp galangal powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 two-finger pinch Bitterman's Fleur de Sel
- Warm the water in a small saucepan.
- Just before it boils, remove from heat and add the chocolate.
- Whisk or blend with an imersion blender until completely melted and incorporated into the water, 1 to 2 two minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and whisk/blend thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over ice into a collins glass and serve.
- Tags: Drinking chocolate
- Cesar Delgadillo