Baked Avocado with Eggs, Salmon and Black Diamond Flake Salt
- 3 Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pound salmon lox
- Black Diamond Flake Salt, for finishing
- Freshly ground Lampong Black Pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Scoop out the pitted area of each avocado half to make room for the eggs. Place a thin slice of lox in each avocado half. Crack each egg in a cup first, then using a large spoon, scoop the yolk into the avocado. If you have room, fill with the egg whites.
3. Place each prepared avocado half in a muffin pan as pictured (this helps them stay flat and intact). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked.
4. Season with Black Diamond Flake Salt, freshly ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and garnish with fresh dill.
Recipe & Photos by Farah Raqib
To see more of Farah's photos and recipes, visit tplusf.tumblr.com.